- Boil chicken in the water with cardamoms and salt, until soft and tender (1 hour).
- Remove chicken to an oven tray.
- Strain chicken broth into a big bowl and pour back into the cooking pot.
- Add rice to the broth, taste for salt.
- Cook rice till extremely soft and mushy.
- Add milk and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring continually on low heat.
- Heat ghee and mastikah in a saucepan on the stove till mastikah melts (it would not work in the microwave).
- Add melted mastikah to the rice and mix well. Switch heat off close pot and rest for 10 minutes.
- Pop chicken under the grill to redden.
- Place rice onto serving plate arrange chicken over the rice.
By Chef Ali Bin Ali on 24th Jul 2013